VRBLOCKS Chain Documentations
Welcome to the VRBLOCKS Chain documentation site!
Please note that both the VRBLOCKS Chain software and this documentation site will improve over time and is still a work-in-progress.
Be sure to engage with our community channels to stay updated.
Have fun trading and see you on chain!
What is VRBLOCKS Chain?
VRBLOCKS Chain is an innovative solution to bring programmability and interoperability to VRBLOCKS Chain. VRBLOCKS Chain relies on a system of PoA consensus that can support short block time and lower fees. The most bonded validator candidates of staking will become validators and produce blocks. The double-sign detection and other slashing logic guarantee security, stability, and chain finality.
Please read the FAQ to get started.
What can I do with VRBLOCKS Chain?
The purpose of the new blockchain and DEX is to create an alternative marketplace for issuing and exchanging digital assets in a decentralized manner.
- Send and receive VRBLOCKS
- Issue new tokens to digitalize assets, and use VRBLOCKS Chain as underlying exchange/transfer network for the assets
For developers, you can also:
VRBLOCKS Chain, VRBLOCKS boasts smart contract functionality and compatibility with the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM). The design goal here was to leave the high throughput of VRBLOCKS Chain intact while introducing smart contracts into its ecosystem.
Because VRBLOCKS is EVM-compatible, it launched with support for the rich universe of Ethereum tools and DApps. In theory, this makes it easy for developers to port their projects over from Ethereum. For users, it means that applications like MetaMask can be easily configured to work with TC. Seriously – it’s just a matter of tweaking a couple of settings. Check out Use MetaMask for VRBLOCKS Chain to get started.
- Send and receive VRBLOCKS
- Explore the transaction history and blocks on the chain, via VRBLOCKS SCAN, API and node RPC interfaces.
Developers can also:
- Issue new tokens to digitalize assets
- Run a full node to listen to and broadcast live updates on transactions, blocks, and consensus activities
- Develop wallets and tools to help users use Dapps
A token protocol on VRBLOCKS which is compatible with ERC20. It extends ERC20 and contains more interfaces, such as
decimals. Read the full proposal here: https://github.com/vrblocks/vrb-chain
VRBLOCKS (and Other Coins) MainNet Switch
VRBLOCKS Coin (VRBLOCKS) was an ERC20 token on the Ethereum network.
After the launch of VRBLOCKS Chain, VRBLOCKS Coin (VRBLOCKS) is being converted into native VRBLOCKS tokens on the main network via the exchange platform at vrblocksscan.io, a pragmatic and efficient way to perform the initial token swap.
VRBLOCKS Chain is ready for other projects to migrate their tokens to take advantage of performant transactions with more liquidity options and native marketplace features.
More information about how projects can set themselves up for this (via vrblocksscan.io or partners) will come soon.
Continue reading below if you are interested in what is happening under the hood!
- VRBLOCKS Chain as a Block Chain: about consensus, software stack, network layout and roles.
- Run a VRBLOCKS Chain full node: how to run a full node and become part of the p2p network of VRBLOCKS Chain.
Thanks to the community, our partners and supporters.